A new eurosceptic group forms in the European Parliament
Ashley Mote, Independent MEP for SE England, today announced that he was joining with other MEPs sitting as independents to establish a new eurosceptic group in the European Parliament. The name of the new group is ITS, Identity-Tradition-Sovereignty. ITS is founded on the following principles:
• Commitment to Christian values, heritage, culture and the traditions of European civilisation.
• Commitment to the traditional family as the natural unit within society.
• Commitment to the freedoms and rights inherited by all.
• Commitment to the rule of law.
• Opposition to a unitary, bureaucratic, European superstate.
• Commitment to direct accountability of governments to the people and the transparent management of public funds.